Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Its been over a week since I've updated last and so much has happened since then. I am feeling like a NEW person. I finally finished my antibiotics and got the infection out of my system. Getting that all taken care of made such a difference. I keep running over in my head when I would have gotten the infection taken care of if i didn't go back to clinic. I don't know when exactly where or when i picked the infection up, but my guess is that it had something to do with my emergency room visit to New York Pres. The ER was so beyond disgusting it makes the Cleveland Clinics ER look like a spa. In one of the bathrooms there wasn't a soap dispenser, in another there wasn't a toilet seat, and there were dust bunnies the size of texas floating around so it wouldn't be surprising if i picked it up there. The other possibility is that i got it from taking antibiotics for my abscess. The antibiotics mess with the bacteria in your intestines and it can sometimes lead to infections. Anyways, now that its gone I'm finding that the steroids are working wonders and i am able to get the crohns under control for now. Ive been weening off of the prednisone and in 6 weeks ill be off of it altogether. For those who are unfamiliar with steroids, when taking such high dosages you have to ween off of them or your body can go into shock. I start to get headaches right before I'm due to take my pills because my body is "craving" the steroid. Each week for 2 months i take 5 mg less until I'm totally off of them. The past week I've continued to research further into holistic options and I'm planning on starting a full gluten free diet starting when i start my cimzia treatment. Everyone that I've talked to has had nothing but great things to say about the diet and have said that it has changed their lives. If anyone has any recommendations on the subject, please, let me know! My uncle Brian works for a vitamin company called New Chapter, which is a high quality vitamin company that strives on making vitamins from all natural properties. "

Each New Chapter multi-vitamin is an innovative blend of these cultured vitamins and minerals, formulated to meet your specific life stage needs. Many of our multi-vitamin and targeted nutrient products (such as Activated C Food Complex) also include artisanal blends of targeted herbs to support specific areas of wellness."

Brian ordered me a round of several different vitamins that he thinks i can benefit from and i can't wait to get them started. I know some people are iffy about vitamins and many think they are just a waste of money, but i live by them and take tons daily. I typically buy the cheaper ones because lets face it, they're pretty expensive, but from what Brian explained to me they aren't made from natural properties and therefore our bodies aren't able to process them and use them as effectively as say the new chapter vitamins. Ive also started taking probiotics in the past week. I bought mine at whole foods in the refrigerated section. They're kind of expensive and i plan on switching over to a pill form but to get them kick started I'm going to do the yogurt form for the next couple of weeks. 

Overall, i feel worlds better than i did last week. Ive been doing yoga everyday, taking the dogs to the park, and river, arden, amber & i even went out for…chicken wings last week. MAJOR accomplishment that i was able to eat a chicken wing and not keel over. Tomorrow the 4 of us are going to the Cavs/Knicks game at the Garden and then Super Bowl festivities this weekend!! 

Until next time, C

No comments:

Post a Comment