Saturday, January 4, 2014

Timing never seems to be on my side. The holidays are rolling around, my sister is coming to visit, and New York is a glow with beautiful christmas directions. I also found what I believe will be a perfect job nannying a little boy named Hudson. He is such a precious little chunk and i look forward to getting back into the routine of working with kids. Everything was looking positive, until one day i started feeling little glimpses of my sick self. The hardest part of being in New York is that i haven't established a routine with doctors yet. My doctor at the Cleveland Clinic has been a god send the past 8 years and being 8 hours away has made it difficult. I had a scare during which i went to new york pres emergency room, and it was horrifying. The Cleveland clinic really spoils those of us who have such an amazing facility at the tips of our fingers. Finally i got an appointment for a colonoscopy on christmas eve and i just had to hold on a few weeks until then. This was no small task. I became so sick i was hardly able to leave my bed, let alone my apartment. Kyra's visit was amazing, i wasn't able to do much of the sightseeing she wanted to do, but her and River got to do some city exploring while i tried to relax and feel better. Christmas eve came and that meant it, colonoscopy  time, wahoo! Every time i get a colonoscopy i am always terrified to see what the results say. When I feel good I'm afraid that they will find something inflamed and when i feel as sick as i did this past month, I'm horrified they will say everything looks ok on the inside. Luckily, they did find something that would explain why i have been suffering the past month. The doctors were shocked to see the progression from my clean scan in june, a simple 6 months ago. So now began the game of what to do next? Surgery was supposed to be my best option due to the fact that for some reason my body doesn't react to the meds in the ways we hope it would. Now a short 18 months later my disease was full blown back and full of inflammation, deep ulcers and polyps. Still not being able to speak with my doctor, one of his co workers immediately put me on steroids to give me some relief until i could stay a more drastic treatment. For anyone who has never taken prednisone, it really messes with you. It makes it impossible to sleep, you are constantly on edge, it just overall sucks. I start my job full time next week and hope everyday this steroid will kick in and be able to get me through the long days. Timing is everything...

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration Celina, as writing is an escape for me, and helped me through my breast cancer 5 years ago, writing about your journey with Crohns will be a good experience for you. Not only will you be able to share your journey, but help others in the process. Reach out to others who have Crohns it really helps you to not feel so alone. It was the only thing that got me through Breast cancer, was reaching out to other women who were going through the same as me. I felt alone, still surrounded by love and family, yet they really didn't get it. Take it one day at a time, as you already know and look for the silver linings....xo Aunt Stacy

    ReplyDelete