Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Home sweet home. After a grueling 7:45 flight from Akron sunday morning, I finally made it back to New York. It was an instant relief to be back in my apartment and the first thing i did was take a nap with my boys in my own bed. It was heaven. I was discharged saturday and then began the giant hassle of getting my 11 prescriptions filled. I went to 3 different pharmacies looking for my antibiotic which needed to be mixed at a compound pharmacy. After dropping off all the other prescriptions at CVS i went back down to the clinic and finally got the antibiotic mixed. I spent Saturday night having dinner with my inlaws. Obviously this whole situation was not something I wanted to happen, but a silver lining of it was a got a whole extra week with my family all by myself. The holidays are always nice, but they have so much stress associated with them, especially now that were married, trying to share our short time seeing all the people we love. This christmas was especially rough because i also had doctors appointments and was just feeling plain awful to begin with. Bottom line of the story is that it was really nice to just get to spend quality time with my family, even if it was at a hospital. Since I've been home, things have been a little wishy washy. I can now see that this past weekend my body was running on pure adrenaline to get home to River because once i got home my body literally just crashed. The lack of energy has definitely been one of the biggest struggles for me. Im used to being such an active person and being "trapped" in my apartment all day is hard. At this point, walking down the hall to get the mail is an exhausting task and i know i need to be patient with my body, but feeling trapped in your own body is pretty discouraging. I can tell that my puppies can sense that something is different around the house. They both seem a little on edge and depressed. They are my best therapy and cuddling with them always makes me feel better and they can 100% tell that something is going on with mommy. I know its hard for them being in the apartment all day too. Were used to going to the park everyday, which is something at this point i can't even imagine trying. Lots of extra bones and cuddles for them for now. River started his busy season yesterday, which means 55+ hour work weeks, including Saturdays. I cannot even begin to tell you how proud I am of Riv and how he just literally jumped into this working world and is thriving more than I could have imagined. It was only a short 3 months ago he was a pizza man (which i have to say i do miss!) and now he is a cute little business professional! The long hours are going to be hard on both of us, but in 4 months he will have fridays off for the summer and that will be amazing, maybe well even get a couple of Hamptons trips in! Tonight were going to dinner at Arden and Ambers and so far its the highlight of my week. Having them in New York is such a blessing and having someone else cook dinner is always good too! 

The plan for the next month is to continue with the steroids, tapering them down in small amounts every week and then to start Cimzia at my next appointment. Im a little worried that my appointment is a full month away, especially because the cimzia takes time to kick in, its not just an automatic thing, but my doctor assures me that this is my best option so that i can begin to build some sort of immune system before we knock it back down. The antibiotic seems to be helping for the infection and once that goes away hopefully a lot of my pain will subside. 

Goals for today: make lemon bars and unpack my suitcase

No comments:

Post a Comment