Monday, January 6, 2014


Second times the charm? After a grueling 5 hour wait in the airport, my flight was officially cancelled last night. Poor River had to drag his butt out of bed to come and get grumpy, crabby, frustrated me. I luckily was able to get onto the morning flight (I was one of the few) so here I am, back at the airport, ready to fly into the tundra that is Cleveland, Ohio. Sometimes when I look in on my life from the outside I just have to find a way to laugh. I am literally the person who hits every single red light. The path is never easy for me, but I have to believe its because the big guy knows that I’m a fighter and I can handle it. There is a silver lining to every situation, although hard to find. I got to spend one more night with my husband and puppies and actually got the best nights sleep I’ve gotten in weeks, (about 4 hours). Today was supposed to be the start day of my new job that I unfortunately had to back out of. I’m besides myself about it because I was really looking forward to getting back into the work world, but I know I wouldn’t be able to give 100% to anything right now and that wouldn’t be fair to the family or to myself. Deep breathe…So here I am, sitting in an airport with no end point in sight. I hope I made the right decision by choosing Cleveland to get medical care…River can use the break and Kyra is home for the next week so i’ll get some extra cuddle times with her. I’ve been very impressed so far with the understanding and compassion of River’s firm. He had to miss a couple of days a week around Christmas because of my doctors appointments and was late this morning because of having to drop me off at the airport. You would think they would be frustrated and it would be frowned down upon, but they have been nothing but beyond understanding and friendly about it. On a regular basis he gets emails from PARTNERS at the firm just simply asking “how is your wife feeling this week?” I know it puts his mind at ease and it sure makes me feel good too.

Finally made it into Akron this morning to find out that my amazing doctor was going to see me on his lunch break (why i love him). So my mom literally flew us to the clinic. Upon seeing him he seemed to be as concerned as I was and decided that admitting me to the hospital was the right call. Hearing him say that was vindication enough that i made the right call coming home. So the game plan for now is to have me here for the next 3-5 days and continue the steroids via an IV, which will hopefully jumpstart the process and give me some quick relief. As for a long term treatment plan, still up in the air depending on how my body responds to the steroids. Missing my hubby and boys already, but mom and Ky are on the way with valentine's, so for now, life is good. 

1 comment:

  1. I sure do love u Celina! & I Love that you are updating this! I feel so bad I didn't even know that you were in so much pain!!!! What a detour you took to get admitted but here's to being in the hospital IN the C-L-E! Let the snow fly and bring on {hopefully} some answers! This family of mine loves you and yours BEYOND WORDS. You and Riv are in our thoughts & prayers. Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete